Friday, July 24, 2009

Leaving takes a while

Hello! I am new at this blogging thing but thought I would give it a shot because I thought it would be a fun way to keep up with some of my family and friends on a (almost) daily basis.

Today is day one of the moving process although I feel like I have been in transition since Aaron started training back in April. Aaron and I are being moved to Manama, Bahrain for two years and although I look forward to living in another country for a while, this part of the process is something I do not enjoy (does anyone?) I finally feel at home here in Georgia and now I have to dig up roots and repeat this process all over again. Ho hum...I know that some of you are veterans at this so forgive my whining because it's my first move in the military. The packers are packing up our stuff as I write and I can't help but wonder what goes through their minds as they put my stuff in huge boxes. I usually take great pride in my ability to pack light when I travel, but I figure since I am going to be living there for two YEARS, I absolutely NEED the following: pampered chef pans (I am a useless cook without them), crock pot, a TON of books, my keyboard (comfort object), and a box of straws (I realized that I had put them with the pots and pans accidentally while I was packing in a sleepy stupor.) I seriously hope we did not go over the weight limit for this shipment because that would be really bad! Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh. I like the blog bit. I can now stalk you on TWO fronts. This pleases me, because your life pleases me. Say hello to the family. Give the ferret some love for me. Enjoy the few days of being there before you take off again!

    ReplyDelete