Moving with the Military is awesome! I had trouble sleeping on Sunday night because the dreaded "Moving Day" began Monday morning, but I quickly realized about an hour after the packers arrived that I had to do absolutely nothing and that moving day is actually a very boring day for the stuff-owner. Yesterday and today went as follows: Maple barks at mover people, Maple decides she likes mover people, Maple wonders where her bed went, Aaron and I flip through local television channels but eventually turn the TV off because there is nothing on during the day but soap operas and judge shows (arg!), feel awkward about strangers slaving over our stuff and ask if they need help (help refused), play scrabble, play Mad Libs, lay on floor, comfort cat, watch all our stuff gradually disappear onto the truck, feel sad that our house is empty and decide that moving stinks.
A note about my blog:
I've never been one of those people who has a ton of fun writing because it takes me forever to come up with interesting things to write about, but I started this blog because I'm hoping that moving to a Middle Eastern country will help me out with the interesting topics problem. I will TRY to write faithfully once or twice a week although I am not sure what my internet situation is going to be in Bahrain. In the meantime, I am trying to come up with a more creative blog title than just "Jenny Penk." Boring! I know...I will continue to wrack my brain for a non-cheesy, yet creative blog title. I am open to suggestions :)
At least with the non-creative title we know exactly who/what we're reading about!!
ReplyDelete