My apologies for my lengthy writing hiatus. If I were my one of my students...I would be in trouble. Teachers should practice what they preach right? Ahem. So Let's review December shall we?
In December, I went to Oman. For those of you who have never heard of this country before, it is located right next door to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and the U.A.E. I went there with my friend Melissa who is also a teacher at the school I work at. I haven't traveled many other places in the Middle East, but I would say that if you are going to travel anywhere in these here parts, Oman is the place to go. Melissa and I flew there for dirt cheap, rented a car, stayed with a lady who is a friend of a friend, and just had fun adventuring around the city of Muskat and the surrounding areas.
Meet Melissa:
Here is some scenery in Oman:
I spent Christmas with new friends from church. Here we are at my house just hanging out a few days before Christmas.
Here are some of my fellow English teachers from the school the day before Christmas break:
And now moving on to January....let's see...I spent most of the month of January literally staring at a calender waiting to check off all 31 days until Aaron came home. And then? He did!! Also, I had to replace the engine in the other car we bought here, my car got new shock absorbers, the heating unit on our house in Georgia had to be replaced so that our renters didn't freeze to death (our house was rented....yay!), and my dog had a fake pregnancy in which her body told her that she was expecting puppies when she wasn't. Poor thing. She spent about two weeks nesting in the cat's house and "mothering" her favorite small toys.
And now that I have you all caught up to date, let me now discuss recent Penk family events. I have a new sister-in-law! Aaron's brother Joel got married about 3 weeks ago. Here is Joel and his new wife Jenny along with the rest of the Penk/Unser family.
School is going well. I've started the seventh graders on the novel "Hoot." It's been fun so far, I let them cover themselves in paper mache paste a couple of days ago when we made paper mache owls to decorate the classroom. Their mission for the weekend is to complete their owl creation with beak, feet, and tail. We'll see what kind of funky owls I receive on Monday.
For more pictures, go here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025996&id=202603268&l=2aec427f8b
This is a cool blog I like to check in on every once in a while: White Girl Arab World
http://wgaw.blogspot.com/

Hey Jenny, thanks for the update... remember.... it's May now. :) We'd love to hear what happened in March, and April too :) I think it's sad that Aaron didn't get to be at his brothers wedding :( But , how funny it is that he married a girl named Jenny, too. Haha! How are you feeling? How is poor Maple? Oh, and we're gonna post a video of a baby owl that we found next door (on Tiffany and Jon's new property) . It must have gotten blown down by the wind and so we took it in for an hour or so and watched it. He made the most interesting calling noises for his mama. Mandie went to the flower/fishing worm bed and dug us up some prizes and Jon fed to owl with tweezers. It was really cool and Lydia videod (is that a word) it with her ipod. I'll try to post it for your school children. Miss'n Y'all.
ReplyDelete